Maximizing Field Therapy of Actinic Keratoses, Treatments for Challenging Acne Patients, and Overcoming Fears when Prescribing Biologics
- September 19, 2020
- Enduring Material Coming Soon
Enduring Material Coming Soon
Agenda & Objectives
Maximizing Field Therapy of Actinic Keratoses, Treatments for Challenging Acne Patients,
and Overcoming Fears when Prescribing Biologics
How to Approach Challenging Acne Patients – When to Incorporate Systemic Therapy
- Understand how to differentiate mild to moderate disease from moderate to severe disease and when to consider systemic therapy
- Understand proper work ups to start systemic medications
- Learn when to initiate a conversation about isotretinoin, risk v. benefits, setting expectations, and lab monitoring.
- Understand how total cumulative dosing of isotretinoin and formulations play a role in successful and long-term treatment outcomes.
- Management and treatment of recalcitrant and rare forms of acne.
Who is Afraid of Biologics?
- To familiarize the audience with biologics
- To introduce IL 17 and IL 23 class biologics
- To discuss the safety of new class of biologics compared to first generation biologics
Incorporating Photodynamic Therapy and Topical Field Therapy into a Dermatology Practice
- Be able to differentiate between different field therapy approaches.
- Understand the mechanism of action of PDT and topical field therapies.
- Learn tips and pearls on how to improve the efficiency and efficacy of treatment, such as incorporating topical treatment into PDT.
- Learn how to discuss the importance of field therapy with patients.
- Understand the importance of treating subclinical actinic keratoses.
- Understand how to incorporate PDT into clinical practice.
- Understand how treatment of AKs may prevent Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- How to incorporate topical treatment into PDT.
- Understand the role of photosensitizers and use in PDT.
- Learn how to properly apply ALA in the treatment of AKs prior to photodynamic therapy.
- Learn how to properly code PDT therapy for maximum reimbursement.
New and Upcoming Therapies for AK Field Therapy
- Learn about new and upcoming therapies for the treatment of AKs.
- Understand how these new novel therapies may change how we treat AKs.
- Learn about adverse reactions of current and novel therapies and how this may affect treatment decision making.
**AGENDA OF EVENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Neal Bhatia, MD
Speaker: Neal Bhatia, MD
Director of Clinical Dermatology Therapeutics Clinical Research
Dr. Neal Bhatia is a board-certified dermatologist in San Diego, California. He serves as Director of Clinical Dermatology at Therapeutics Clinical Research. He is as chief medical editor for Practical Dermatology. He has a background in immunology and has interests in mechanisms of therapy, skin cancer, and medical dermatology. In 2020 he is the President of the Pacific Dermatological Association, Secretary-Treasurer of the Noah Worcester Dermatologic Society, and Vice President-elect of the AAD. Aside from teaching at medical conferences, Dr. Bhatia sits on several editorial boards and is an active teacher for dermatologists, industry, and patients.
Risha Bellomo, MPAS, PA-C
Speaker: Risha Bellomo, MPAS, PA-C
Owner of Allele Medical
Risha Bellomo, MPAS, PA-C has over 25 years of healthcare experience with 20 of those years in dermatology and aesthetics. She graduated with High Honors from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Chemistry and received her Master’s Degree through the University of Florida’s College of Medicine in Physician Assistants Studies. Risha is the Founder & CEO of Bellomo Consulting and BCI Management & Communications, in which she develops medical educational programs, speaks and consults nationally, runs national and regional meetings and establishes strategic marketing plans for organizations and companies.
Risha is the managing director of Allele Medical a concierge aesthetic, dermatology, and training facility.
Risha has been published numerous times in Skin & Aging, The Journal of Dermatology Physician Assistants, The Dermatologist, Physician Assistant Clinics, and Advanced for NPs and PAs. Risha co-founded the Florida Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants and is an editorial board member for The Dermatologist. In her spare time, she loves spending time with her two sons, Austin and Enzo and her husband Phil. Her hobbies are boating, gardening, and video gaming.
Leon Kircik, MD
Speaker: Leon Kircik, MD
Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York,NY
Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis,IN
Physicians Skin Care, PLLC Louisville, KY
DermResearch, PLLC, Louisville, KY
Skin Sciences, PLLC, Louisville,KY
Dr. Kircik is a Board Certified Dermatologist who graduated with AOA Honors from State University of New York at the Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn after completing his undergraduate work with Phi Beta Kappa at New York University. He completed a Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship under the auspices of Dr. Frederick Mohs at the University of Wisconsin after completing his dermatology residency at State University of New York in Buffalo.
He currently teaches as Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, IN, as well as Clinical Professor at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Kircik is also the Medical Director of DermResearch, PLLC, Physicians Skin Care, PLLC and Skin Sciences, PLLC in Louisville, Kentucky. He has been the principal investigator of numerous clinical trials for psoriasis, acne, rosacea, atopic dermatitis, skin cancers, and actinic keratosis, just to name a few.
Dr. Kircik is an author of many scientific articles, abstracts and posters. He has lectured extensively nationally and internationally on all aspects of dermatologic conditions. In addition, he also serves on the advisory boards of several pharmaceutical companies as a consultant. He is on the editorial board of Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, Practical Dermatology, The Journal of Clinical & Aesthetic Dermatology, and Case Report in Clinical Pathology. He volunteers for multiple local and national medical society committees.